This candle making kit provides you with everything you need to make your own unique candle! The Step-by-Step Candle Making Guide will walk you through the stages of making your candle and also provides some inspiration to help spark your imagination. What you make is really up to you. It's your own creative expression through clay.
- 2kg Premium British Air-Dry Clay
- 20 Piece Step-By-Step Beginners Pottery Guide
- Pottery Carving, Shaping and Cutting Tools & Tool Bag
- White Acrylic Eggshell Paint
- Waterproof Glossy or Matte Varnish
- 2 Ultra Fine Bristle Paintbrushes
- Potter's Sponge for Smoothing
We use a premium air-drying clay that is soft, supple, easy to manipulate and dries a lovely light grey colour with a smooth surface making it a joy to paint on.
We've tested every air-dry clay we could get our fingers into, and this clay is hands down the best.
If stored unopened in the sealed bag the clay will last 3 - 6 months.
We’re very excited to have finally cracked the code on waterproofing air-dry clay!
At long last and with many iterations we have developed a brilliant waterproof varnish! Easy to apply, non streaky, non sticky and with amazing coverage.
How to use our varnish:
1. Wait for your piece to dry completely for a minimum of 2 - 3 days. It’s important your creation is bone dry before painting (very light in colour and hard to the touch).
2. Apply 2 generous coats of our white acrylic eggshell base layer on the inside, outside and base of your creation. Allow this to dry for a couple of hours.
3. Apply 2 generous coats of our ultra glossy or matte varnish on the inside, outside and base of your creation. Allow this to set completely overnight to ensure a waterproof finish.
And that’s all there is to it!
We won't go full clay geek on you, but creating with clay is a sensory experience that relaxes the mind by disconnecting our thoughts from the outside, allowing us to focus only on the material in our hands.
Expect a natural calming effect - it is an ancient technique that helps connect our minds with the earth through our hands, offering a much-needed break from our digital world. You're sure to love it :)
For the first time ever, create your own candle vessels from air dry clay. Let creativity take over and sculpt something completely unique.
This kit comes with plenty of clay and wax so you're not limited to making just one candle! Sharing is crafting.
Know someone who would love this kit? It makes for a unique and thoughtful gift. Even better - make a personalised candle and gift it to them!
Three wick dish candle
Relax letter stamped candle
Three wick striped candle
Styling your candles
Coral reef candle
A uniquely formulated candle-safe varnish
We keep customer safety as our top priority. Included in this kit is our candle-safe, fire retardant varnish. Apply two coats to your vessel before wax pouring.
01 - Craft your vessel
02 - Prepare your wick
03 - Grab your wax bag
04 - Microwave for 4 minutes
05 - Add your fragrance
06 - Pour wax
07 - Fill to 80%
08 - Allow to cool and snip wick
09 - Grab your matches
10 - Light it up!